FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE WORKER (WATER AND SEWER DEPARTMENT)
General Statement of Duties: Under an on-the-job training program with close supervision, performs a variety of unskilled manual tasks involving construction, maintenance, and repair of the Township water, sewer and storm sewer systems. Performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties: The following are typical examples, but not limited to, types of work
assignments for the position.
- Repairs water and sewer system failures by digging, lifting, chipping, operating equipment, backfilling, pouring cement, site restoration after finishing repair.
- Install and maintain water services, and other appurtenances such as valves, hydrants,
- Install, repair, test, and read water meters.
- Operate machinery such as backhoes, trucks, sewer cleaners and a variety of power
hand tools. Plow snow and harvest seaweed.
- Lift and move a variety of objects including furniture, sandbags, snow, pipes and
- Perform landscaping duties as required. Set up parks for summer and close them for
- Participate in emergency standby.
- Operate, maintain and repair lift stations.
- Discharges other related duties within the Employee’s Department, as assigned: (a) which member(s) of the classification have performed in the past, or (b) which are required to meet emergencies, or (c) which are required to provide necessary services when other Employees are absent or not available, or (d) which involve the use of new equipment, procedures or techniques in the performance of such duties.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
• Must possess a Class A Commercial Drivers License within probationary period.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to perform heavy physical labor in all types of weather and under adverse
conditions for extended periods of time.
40 hours per week at a rate of $20.86
Email all relevant material and resumes regarding municipal employment to Joe Aragona at; email@example.com
PART-TIME MAINTENANCE WORKER
Seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with the maintenance of Township buildings and parks. Duties include but not limited to; cleaning of facilities, opening/closing of Township parks, watering of Township gardens and monitoring/repairing of building assets.
15-30 hours per week at a rate of $12.00 per hour
PART-TIME SUMMER GROUND MAINTENANCE
Seeking a highly motivated individual to assist and groom municipal gardens and township parks. Potential candidates may include a high school and or/ college students studying horticulture, as well as adults with landscaping and gardening experience or education.
10-20 hours per week at a rate of $10.00-$15.00 per hour