We are now accepting applications for the following positions:
Firefighter Examination Application
*Completed Firefighter examination applications are due in the Clerk's Office by the close of business at 4:30PM Wednesday, December 21, 2016
General Statement of Duties: Performs physical inspections of all new construction from foundation to final completion of projects for compliance with Township Codes and Ordinances; investigates complaints of building ordinance violations on existing buildings and takes steps to bring violations within standards.
Supervision Received: Work is performed within established departmental guidelines under the supervision of the Department Head or designee.
Examples of Duties: The following are typical examples, but not limited to, types of work assignments for the position.
1. Conducts physical inspections, including follow-up inspections, of buildings at various stages of construction to determine if building and safety codes are being met. Investigates potential violations of Township ordinances. Maintains records of all contacts and actions taken on each inspection.
2. Communicates with builders and homeowners in a friendly, cooperative and professional manner to explain code requirements, answer questions, investigates complaints and obtains compliance with Township requirements and takes appropriate action for resolution.
3. Enforces Township ordinances as applicable and directed.
4. Makes annual inspections as required by adopted State Building Code and local ordinances.
5. Performs office work related to inspections, etc.
6. Answers telephone and walk-in inquires on codes, ordinances, zoning requirements
and complaints as directed.
7. Review and alter when necessary, plans and specifications for new and existing
8. Assist other Employees in the Building and Ordinance Department as necessary.
9. Consult with Township Attorney for the purpose of legal interpretation of ordinances, swearing out warrants and setting trial dates as required and where directed. Testify in court and maintain detailed records for court appearances.
10. Verify property location and ownership through public records and documents. Obtain title work and property identification records for condemnations. Prepare and type code list.
11. Responsible for weed cutting orders and invoicing of all vacant parcels.
12. Discharges other related duties within the Employee's Department, as assigned: (a) which member(s) of the classification have performed in the past, or (b) which are required to meet emergencies, or ( c) which are required to provide necessary services when other Employees are absent or not available, or ( d) which involve the use of new equipment, procedures or techniques in the performance of such duties.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Post high school education.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in related field.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
• Must secure and maintain an Inspector's Registration Certificate from the Michigan Department of Labor.
• Possession of a valid Michigan Drivers License.
Starting salary of $46,068.70 with benefits.
Application for Employment